Michael Hsu Office of Architecture, an award-winning firm, including 2016 AIA Austin Firm of the Year, is seeking a new Senior Associate for our Austin and Houston office. The ideal candidate would have experience and interest in larger mixed-use projects and small to medium sized residential and commercial developments.
Our work includes residential, commercial, creative office, retail, hotel/hospitality and interiors. For strong, self-starting professionals, we offer an engaging, open studio environment that encourages collaboration and creativity, as well as competitive compensation, generous benefits and steady profit sharing.
With studios in both Austin and Houston, MHOA is interested in a wide variety of work ranging from city master planning to innovative artisan and materials resourcing. The firm has projects all over the US, including New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- Registered Architect or Interior Designer strongly preferred
- Strong design skills
- 10+ years experience in design & construction documents of single family residential and/or commercial projects in Austin or Houston
- Knowledge of architectural practice, including design, documentation, detailing, building materials, building codes and construction technologies
- Proficient in Revit/BIM, AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite, Excel
- Positive attitude and willingness to work within a team
- Demonstrate technical proficiency and creative problem solving
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills
Responsibilities to include:
- Design of projects on a variety of scales
- Coordinate and oversee project teams including multiple consultant coordination
- Oversight of project teams on construction documents and specifications
- Lead and oversight of construction administration
- Technical leadership in a variety of projects types, hospitality experience a plus
- Translation of design concepts into construction documents for both interior and exterior systems
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Mentoring and coaching of junior staff
- Quality control and document review
- Ability to multi-task & work on multiple projects concurrently