Interior DesignerAustin & Houston, Texas
Michael Hsu Office of Architecture is an award-winning, fully integrated architecture and interior design practice with offices in Austin and Houston. Our work is rooted in hospitality and placemaking and includes diverse projects that range from large mixed-use developments, adaptive reuse projects, public realm design, architectural branding, single family homes, hotels, restaurants, workspaces, and bespoke furniture design. We work throughout Texas and across the country in cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta and Denver.
For strong, self-starting professionals, we offer an engaging, open studio environment that encourages collaboration and creativity, as well as competitive compensation, generous benefits and steady profit-sharing.
We are seeking an Interior Designer for our Austin or Houston office. The ideal candidate would have experience and interest in leading a wide range of projects including medium to large sized commercial developments, hospitality / interiors and single family residential.
Responsibilities to include:
- Design of project on a variety of scales
- Mood board creation
- Collaboration on project design, translation of design concepts into construction documents/details and construction administration
- Help in the selection, specification, and procurement of FF&E
- Consultant coordination
- Participation on multiple concurrent projects in varied capacities
- Design and coordination on the construction of custom furniture, millwork and lighting
- Mentor early career level staff
Skills and Education required:
- Knowledge of architectural practice, including design, documentation, detailing, building materials, building codes and construction technologies
- Understanding and wide knowledge base of finishes, fixtures, furnishings, art & décor
- Demonstrated design skills
- Technical proficiency and creative problem solving
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects concurrently
- Positive attitude and willingness to work within a team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Interior Design from CIDA-accredited university
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in design & construction documents of single family residential or commercial projects
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite, Revit/BIM Production, Excel
Further project information can be found at hsuoffice.com
Please submit your resume and full portfolio in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.