Michael Hsu Office of Architecture, an award-winning firm, including 2016 AIA Austin Firm of the Year, is seeking experienced Interior Designers for our Houston and Austin offices.
The ideal candidate would have experience and interest in a wide range of projects including single family residential, hospitality / interiors and medium to large sized commercial developments. For talented, self-starting professionals, we offer an engaging, open studio environment that encourages collaboration and creativity, as well as generous compensation and benefits and steady profit sharing.
With studios in both Austin and Houston, MHOA is interested in a wide variety of work ranging from city master planning to innovative artisan and materials resourcing. Significant work includes Plaza Saltillo, Heights Mercantile, Uchi, Loro, Local Foods, South Congress Hotel and The LINE hotel. The firm has projects all over the US, including New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Denver, Dallas, Seattle and San Antonio.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design or related field
- Registered interior designer preferred
- Demonstrated design skills
- 5+ years’ experience in design
- Knowledge of architectural practice, including design, documentation, detailing, building materials, building codes and construction technologies
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite, Revit/BIM Production, Excel
- Positive attitude and willingness to work within a team
- Technical proficiency and creative problem solving
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills
Responsibilities to include:
- Design of projects on a variety of scales
- Translation of design concepts into construction documents
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Collaboration on Construction Documents and Construction Administration
- Ability to multi-task & work on multiple projects concurrently
- Consultant coordination
- Code research and land use feasibility
- Intermittent travel between Houston and Austin