Michael Hsu Office of Architecture, an award-winning firm, including 2016 AIA Austin Firm of the Year, is seeking a new Project Designer / Architect staff member for our Austin and Houston offices. The ideal candidate would have experience and interest in larger projects such as single family residential and small to medium sized commercial developments.
Our work includes residential, commercial, creative office, retail, hotel/hospitality and interiors. For talented, self-starting professionals, we offer an engaging, open studio environment that encourages collaboration and creativity, as well as generous compensation and benefits and steady profit sharing.
MHOA is interested in a wide variety of work ranging from city master planning to innovative artisan and materials resourcing. The firm has projects all over the US, including New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- Registered architect strongly preferred
- Demonstrated design skills
- Minimum 3-7 years’ experience in design & construction documents of single family residential and commercial projects in Austin
- Knowledge of architectural practice, including design, documentation, detailing, building materials, building codes and construction technologies
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite, Revit/BIM Production, Excel
- Positive attitude and willingness to work within a team
- Demonstrate technical proficiency and creative problem solving
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills
Responsibilities to include:
- Design of projects on a variety of scales
- Coordinate and oversee project teams including multiple consultants
- Preparation of construction documents, specifications and oversight of construction administration
- Technical leadership in hospitality projects types
- Translation of design concepts into construction documents for both interior and exterior systems
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Mentoring and coaching of junior staff
- Quality control and document review
- Collaboration on Construction Documents and Construction Administration
- Ability to multi-task & work on multiple projects concurrently
- Consultant coordination