Michael Hsu Office of Architecture is an award-winning, fully integrated architecture and interior design practice with offices in Austin and Houston. Our work is rooted in hospitality and placemaking and includes diverse projects that range from large mixed-use developments, adaptive reuse projects, public realm design, architectural branding, single family homes, hotels, restaurants, workspaces, and bespoke furniture design. We work throughout Texas and across the country in cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta and Denver.
For strong, self-starting professionals, we offer an engaging, open studio environment that encourages collaboration and creativity, as well as competitive compensation, generous benefits and steady profit-sharing.
We are seeking a new Project Architect for our Austin office to partner with our teams and provide technical expertise during ALL project phases, but with an emphasis in DD and CDs. The ideal candidate would have experience and interest in feasibility, code analysis, and detailing of larger commercial projects from adaptive reuse structures, ground up high-rises, to small and medium sized commercial developments. Candidates must have practical experience in both commercial (steel, concrete, light gauge metal structures) and residential (conventional wood framing) construction techniques, detailing, and waterproofing.
Responsibilities to include:
- Partner with design team in translating design concepts into construction documents for both interior and exterior systems
- Play leadership role in Design Development and Construction Documentation phases of projects
- Train teams in the best practices of construction document preparation, specifications, and oversight of construction administration
- Train staff on technical aspects of the architectural practice
- Technical leadership in hospitality project types
- Act as subject matter expert in Revit
- Quality control and document review
- Intermittent travel between Houston and Austin
Skills and Education required:
- Appreciation and understanding for the design process and creative problem solving
- Proven record of executing technical aspects of high-end design projects
- Experience with unique detailing and the ability to explain the process
- Experience leading large teams
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Ability to multi-task & work on multiple projects concurrently
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite, Excel, and Google Suite
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in design & construction documents of single family residential and commercial projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
- Registered Architect required