Michael Hsu Office of Architecture, an award-winning firm, including 2016 AIA Austin Firm of the Year, is seeking a Master Planner for our Austin office. The ideal candidate would have interest in a variety of projects and scales. The Planner will work collaboratively with all team members to cultivate placemaking and planning concepts through diagrams, policy and plan writing, 3d modeling and data visualization.
Our work includes residential, commercial, mixed use, creative office, retail, hotel/hospitality and interiors. For strong, self-starting professionals, we offer an engaging, open studio environment that encourages collaboration and creativity, as well as aggressive compensation, generous benefits, and steady profit sharing.
Based in Austin, MHOA is interested in a wide variety of work ranging from city master planning to innovative artisan and materials resourcing. Significant work includes Plaza Saltillo, Heights Mercantile, Uchi, Loro, Local Foods, South Congress Hotel and The LINE hotel. The firm has projects all over the US, including New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Denver, Dallas, Seattle and San Antonio.
- Undergraduate degree in urban planning, urban design, architecture, landscape architecture or similar
- 4 – 6+ years of experience in urban planning
- Preferred experience with unique, hospitality-driven retail or mixed use developments
- Strong design sensibilities
- Strong urban planning theory ability
- Knowledge of architectural practice, including design, detailing and materiality
- Graphic Design and presentation exhibits
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite, Revit/BIM Production, Excel
- Positive attitude and willingness to work within a team
- Demonstrate technical proficiency and creative problem solving
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills
Responsibilities to include:
- Work closely with architectural and interior teams to plan for a variety of project types and scales
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Planning studies ranging across a variety of sectors including urban design and master planning