Formed in 2005, the Michael Hsu Office of Architecture “MHOA” is a nationally recognized architecture firm. The Michael Hsu Office of Architecture was formed in 2005 in Austin, Texas with the goal of producing locally-engaged, design-driven architecture and interiors. MHOA endeavors to create livable, neighborhood-oriented urban spaces. Our work includes diverse projects ranging from mixed-use developments to one off commercial interiors and residences.
The HR Manager will partner with the firm’s Managing Partner and leadership to build a place where employees can have a long and successful career. This role will be key in supporting the organization’s values and goals, managing processes for all stages of the employee lifecycle from pre-employment to post-employment, and supporting leadership needs to maintain multi-state labor laws and compliance.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Manage and own the full onboarding cycle, liaising with necessary department leads to ensure process completion.
- Maintain all employee HR records and documentation.
- Complete all compliance related activities; EEO-1, ACA, FMLA, etc.
- Manage and own the employee benefits process; including but not limited to, annual review, employee enrollment, eligibility audit.
- Maintain and update the MHOA handbook for any necessary labor or firm needs.
- Manage employee PTO process (adding to scheduler, supporting employee questions, auditing periodically for accuracy)
- Maintain any policies necessary to support our hybrid work model.
- Handle complex human resource matters with a heightened sense of calm and optimism.
- Work with firm leadership to coordinate employee offboarding, escalating when necessary and documenting employee exit process.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Ability to seamlessly work in both the strategic and tactical realms.
- Self-starter, happy to take the initiative and to work autonomously when appropriate.
- Willing to roll up your sleeves to dig into details, but equally as proficient at presenting new ideas to the Partners.
- Possesses exceptional attention to detail, strong follow-up skills and a high level of discretion & confidentiality.
- A team player who enjoys building relationships and promoting a positive tone for workforce engagement.
- 5-7 years of experience in fast-moving, growth environments
- Strong generalist experience across all HR functions
- Experience in architecture or design, preferred
- Familiarity with ADP or similar HR and payroll platforms, preferred