Michael Hsu Office of Architecture is an award-winning, fully integrated architecture and interior design practice with offices in Austin and Houston. Our work is rooted in hospitality and placemaking and includes diverse projects that range from large mixed-use developments, adaptive reuse projects, public realm design, architectural branding, single family homes, hotels, restaurants, workspaces, and bespoke furniture design. We work throughout Texas and across the country in cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta and Denver.
We are seeking an experienced finance & business operations leader to join our team. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, detail oriented and solutions-driven professional with a positive attitude who will play a vital role in supporting our firm and brand. A working knowledge of standard architectural practices and contracts is considered a plus for this position.
Operational duties include but are not limited to:
Strategy & Leadership
- Provides financial leadership, vision, and direction to managers responsible for financial activities within the firm.
- Serve as a trusted partner within the executive team and key liaison for the Managing Principal, Partners and operational leadership, advising on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, operating plans, and policy matters.
- Be a major contributor to the development of MHOA’s strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall leadership of the organization.
- Ability and desire to lead and manage in a manner compatible with a highly creative and design-oriented environment
- Foster an environment of innovation and continuous improvement in the areas they oversee
- Drive the organization’s fiscal strategy and work collaboratively with stakeholders to achieve organizational strategic goals.
- Oversees and coordinates all firm-wide financial operations, ensures financial operations functions efficiently, and provides direction to managers responsible for financial activities.
- Responsible for the company’s day-to-day financial operating activities, including revenue and sales; expense, cost and margin control; and monthly, quarterly, and annual financial goal management & financial reporting.
- Responsible for development of the budget planning process and its alignment with the strategic plan, organizational objectives and budgets, as well as planning in execution of short- and long-term deliverables.
- Maintain relationships with all providers of support services, including legal, accounting, banking and insurance firms. Leverage these relationships to maintain technical knowledge to ensure tax, audit, legal, information technology, payroll and local, state and national regulations and filing requirements compliance.
- Regularly review A/R & Cash to ensure adequate operating needs for the business are maintained
- Perform financial reporting, and operational metrics tracking
- Facilitate the strategic development of business operations (finance, accounting, facilities, legal, information technology), aligning departmental & budgetary goals with the organization’s strategic plan.
- Preferred experience supporting internal stakeholders helping plan & resource strategic initiatives in key areas that support the business:
- Contract Administration/Legal
- Information Technology
- Office Administration
- Client Engagement
- New/Remote Offices
- New Lines of business
- Responsible for major contract review and approval to include: leases, vendor contracts, and all major purchases.
- Participate in review of non-standard project contracts and subcontractor contracts and coordination with legal counsel and professional liability carriers as necessary.
This role may travel up to 10% to support the successful operations of all MHOA office locations.
- Bachelor s degree required; MBA or CPA preferred
- 10+ years of experience managing financial and administrative operations
- Experience with Deltek Ajera/Vision or similar enterprise software application highly desirable
- Multi-state and organizational growth experience desired
- Strong experience in finance and accounting, compiling and managing budgets, organizational planning and human resource concepts
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to communicate financial data to various constituencies
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills; ability to effectively interact with senior management, board members, and staff
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
Michael Hsu Office of Architecture offers competitive salary and benefits and salary is dependent on work experience. Interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org