Michael Hsu Office of Architecture is an award-winning, fully integrated architecture and interior design practice with offices in Austin and Houston. Our work is rooted in hospitality and placemaking and includes diverse projects that range from large mixed-use developments, adaptive reuse projects, public realm design, architectural branding, single family homes, hotels, restaurants, workspaces, and bespoke furniture design. We work throughout Texas and across the country in cities such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta and Denver.
For strong, self-starting professionals, we offer an engaging, open studio environment that encourages collaboration and creativity, as well as competitive compensation, generous benefits and steady profit-sharing.
We are seeking a new BIM Coordinator for our Austin office. The ideal candidate would have BIM experience and interest in larger projects such as hotels, mixed-use developments, multi-story office and residential developments.
Responsibilities to include:
- Update BIM content and templates
- Create BIM content including families, templates, detail library and rendering tools
- Train staff on BIM processes and techniques
- Assist with creating and maintaining BIM standards and processes
- Review BIM models for adherence to standards and clash detection
- Assist with overall project Quality Control
- Participate in planning and execution strategies for BIM development within the office
- Collaboration on Construction Documents and Construction Administration
- Work closely with BIM Manager and IT team to assist with daily tasks to increase staff productivity
- Experience creating BIM content, troubleshooting BIM issues, and implementing solutions in varied situations
- Knowledge of architectural practice, including design, documentation, detailing, building materials, building codes and construction technologies
- Positive attitude and willingness to work within a team
- Ability to multi-task & work on multiple projects concurrently
- Highly motivated self-starter and can work independently when needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with BIM in the industry
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Excel, Bluebeam, BIM360
- Proficient in the Revit family editor, including shared parameters
- Dynamo experience a plus
- Revit teaching experience a plus